Friday, September 7, 2007

i work at a place where people have devoted their lives to translating the Bible into people's mother tongue. it blows me away when i hear and read that it takes close to 20 years, maybe longer to translate the Bible. right now, i am looking at a copy of the digo's new testament. in front of me is the result of devotion to God and to the people of God. i take for granted my copy of God's Word...how dare i? am i starving for the Truth and excited about reading the Word as the digo people are? am i walking miles and miles to hear the Gospel because i'm that thirsty? i am looking at a copy in front of me of something that i should be starving for daily...that i should be excited about reading...that im so thirsty that i would walk miles and miles to hear it. Jesus, i have taken for granted the sweet words of Yours...take me back to that place where i earnestly yearned...thank You for the digo people and their patience and excitement for You...help me to run miles...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Sweet Dinah! I love that you are there...getting to do what are passionate about. (I found your blog on your facebook page and I'm so glad I did) I can't wait to see how God uses you there! Love you! (Sarah Welch)

christie said...

loveyou.